Office Furniture For Fitness Fun!
Last week the Telegraph published an article about how office workers need to exercise for an hour a day to counter the deadly risk posed by modern working lifestyles. It made for sobering reading, actually. Did you know, for example, that sedentary lifestyles are now as big a threat as smoking to our health? No, we hadn’t realised that either! And, as ever, we got thinking about office life, office work, and… of course… office furniture. We wondered what CamHam Office Furniture could do to help…
Well, one thing led to another, and as well as our height adjustable desks that enable you to stand whilst you work, we ended up coming up with a short list of easy-to-include-in-your-day office furniture exercises. As you can imagine, we’ve had a bit of fun with this.
So… here it is… CamHam’s Eight Point Office Furniture Workout
- Stationery Jogging – Not stationary, as in on the spot, but stationery as in squeezing in a little jog to the stationery cupboard. Convince yourself every now and then that you need a pencil. Trot over there, grab one… come back, hide it in your desk pedestal and then consider heading off again for a sharpener too… Every trip counts!
- Filing Cabinet Curtseys – Think pliés, with a little dip of the head in deference to the god of office storage. Filing has never been so much fun.
- Boardroom Burpees – Most boardrooms still have enough space to swing a cat, despite being filled with a boardroom table and chairs. So make the most of the space, and the seclusion, and practise a few burpees when you get a chance. If anyone catches you, just say you’re looking for a contact lens…
- Printer Press Ups – Whilst the printer’s doing its thing, lean against the printer desk (as long as it’s safe to do so, of course!) and push away at a few press ups whilst you wait. Who knows, you could probably fit in a hundred or so each day if you’re anything like us when we’re doing admin.
- Lunch Time Lunges – If you’re lucky enough to have a staff room, or better still an outdoor eating area, why not step up to the challenge with a few lunch time lunges each day? Lunge… lunch… munch. To create an outdoor area at your office, have a look at our outdoor furniture collection.
- Office Desk Dips – Not for the faint hearted, it has to be said. And we’d recommend you make sure the office desks are bought from us, just to give you peace of mind on the quality of the product. But a few office desk dips each day could get those arms toned in no time.
- Workstation Waist Wiggles – When you’re on the phone, perhaps on hold, take the opportunity to move about a bit with a workstation waist wiggle. No need to stand up, just twist in your chair as the elevator-music purrs its dulcet tones down the phone line.
- Shelving Shuffle – If you’re looking for a file and you have to browse along a stack of office shelving, get into the groove with a shelving shuffle. You might find yourself having to look for a file a few times once you get going!
So, hey! What can we say? If office work is jeopardising your health, then hopefully some of the above ideas have given you some inspiration on how to counter the risk. If you’d like to find out more about the office furniture ranges we offer, please do get in touch!